“You don’t marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without. What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. He that takes a wife, takes care.”
Relationship stuck? Here’s how to get help…
If you have made your way to this page, chances are you are facing challenges with your relationship. You could be facing a range of issues: distance and isolation, a failure to get along, severe emotional pain or perhaps even an unbearable situation that you can no longer tolerate. Seeking professional help is a wise step forward.
Like most people that have come to me for marriage and couple counselling, you may have experienced:
- Stress from family, children, health issues, work or finances impacting your relationship
- Frustration and upset as a result of increased tension and lack of communication
- A loss of trust in the relationship
- Problems with your sex life affecting your relationship
- Relationship infidelity; an affair, leaving you feeling betrayed or guilty and unsure of how to move forward
- Personal issues relating to your or your partners past history that is putting an additional burden on your relationship
- You or your significant other have contemplated or threatened to leave the relationship
- Violence and/or substance abuse that is making your situation unbearable
Most couples that come to me for counselling end up feeling in control and confident about their future, often returning emotionally to where they where when they first met.
Are you looking for
- New hope for the future of your relationship
- Insight and understanding as to how and where the relationship developed problems
- Practical skills to deal with and fix things
- A place to vent your feelings and feel better
then we should talk!
A proven approach to Marriage and Couple Counselling that works!
The world’s leading authority on marriage and couple counselling, John Gottman discovered after years of research that happy couples are able to handle their disagreements because of a foundation of affection and friendship and a set of techniques they use for negotiating the inevitable conflicts that all couples experience in their marriages.
By working with you through your issues you will not only gain insight into the underlying causes of your problems but also learn the specific skills you need to master those challenging areas. The result will be:
- Self empowerment
- A rise in confidence
- Improved communication
- Re-ignited passion
- Mutual respect
You’ve invested a great deal of time, energy and emotion in your relationship so far. Make an appointment to come and talk to me and learn how to move forward in an environment of understanding, respect and tenderness.